Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Honey Mustard Salad Dressing


Another salad dressing. I know I post them it seems all the time but we are big salad eaters in our house. I really can not handle the taste of bottled salad dressing anymore so I have fun trying new recipes for dressing. This one was really tasty and had lots of flavor. It was easy to make, called for no exotic ingredients, and could be made minutes before the salad without needing time for flavors to blend. I think this would also make a nice dipping sauce for chicken nuggets or even a sauce for a chicken sandwich or my chicken wraps. I found the recipe at allrecipes.

1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and lemon juice. Store covered in the refrigerator.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. I love a good honey mustard. I don't ever eat it on salads, only as a sauce. I've yet to find a good homemade version, but my favorites eating out are-Chili's, Chik-fil-a and Sunshine. I like a more mustardy concoction and this sounds more creamy, because of the mayo. I'll have to give it a try because it is really simple. I have all these ingredients on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I love the Chik-fil-a honey mustard dipping sauce. I don't think it would work for a salad dressing. I've been thinking next time I'll try a plain yogurt instead of mayo for a healthier dressing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!