Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ginger Ale Meatballs


I was a little worried that these meatballs would not taste good to me but I was rather surprised. This is a very easy to make, quick to put together, and uses only a few ingredients. I usually make my own meatballs because I do not like the taste of frozen meatballs at all. However my father bought some frozen meatballs and I've been trying hard to find recipes to use them up. Overall the flavor for the sauce was really good considering the few ingredients that were in the recipe. I did eat the meatballs although I did have a hard time getting past the texture of the frozen meatballs. I found the recipe at Real Mom's Kitchen .

39 ( 1 1/2 pounds) frozen, fully cooked meatballs (I only use 1 pound, that was enough for my family of 5)
2 cups ginger ale
2 cups ketchup
1 teaspoon minced garlic

Place frozen meatballs in a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker prepared with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl, combine ginger ale, ketchup, and garlic. Pour mixture over meatballs. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3 hours (I did the 3 hours on high). Serve with toothpicks as an appetizer, on hoagie buns, or over hot cooked noodles.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!