Sunday, April 26, 2009

Homemade Pizza Hut Pan Pizza


This came very very close to an actual Pizza Hut pan pizza. However I did not get that really crunchy bite from the crust like you do from Pizza Hut. Next time, and there will be a next time, I think I'd do a few things differently. I think I'd preheat a pizza stone and bake the pans on top of the pizza stone. I also think I'd rub a garlic clove on the bottom of the pan before adding the oil. And I maybe would coat the outside crust with some garlic butter or garlic oil. I really like the taste of the dough for a pizza. I just felt it was missing some touches that would make it a real Pizza Hut pizza. The kids loved the pizza! They loved the fact that I made each kid their own pizza catered to their tastes. I found the recipe at Day to Day with Holly J.

Dough:
1 1/3 C Warm water (105F)
1/4 C Non−fat dry milk
1/2 tsp Salt
4 C Flour
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 pk Dry yeast
2 Tbsp Vegetable oil (for dough)
9 Oz Vegetable oil (3 oz. per pan)
Butter flavored Pam

Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk in a large (2 qt.) bowl. Add water and stir to mix well. Allow to sit for two minutes. Add oil and stir again. Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed. Turn out on to a flat surface and knead for about 10 minutes. Divide dough into three balls. In three 9" cake pans, put 3 Oz. of
oil in each making sure it is spread evenly. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9" circle. Place in cake pans. Spray the outer edge of dough with Pam. Cover with a plate. Place in warm area and allow to rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

Sauce:
1 8 Oz Can Tomato Sauce
1 tsp Dry Oregano
1/2 tsp Marjoram
1/2 tsp Dry Basil
1/2 tsp Garlic salt
Combine and let sit for 1 hour.

For Each Nine Inch Pizza:
Preheat oven to 475F. Spoon 1/3 cup sauce on dough and spread to within 1" of edge. Distribute 1 1/2 Oz. shredded mozzarella cheese on sauce. Place toppings of your choice in this order: Pepperoni or Ham, Vegetables, Meats (cooked ground sausage or beef). Top with 3 Oz. mozzarella cheese. Cook until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown about 15 minutes.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. I wrote this recipe down from another blog a few weeks ago. It sounds and looks really great. My kids love the personal pizzas from pizza hut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying out a lot of homemade pizza recipes lately and this definitely looks like a good one! Great idea with the garlic butter or garlic oil over the crust. Last time, I just used olive oil and some garlic salt and it was good, but a bit too salty for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gianina- I love the taste of garlic on a pizza. I think next time I'll try the technique for making garlic butter from America's Test Kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe is wonderful...Thank you so much...I recently started a food blog with indian fusion recipes here is the link.
    http://indianfusion-rthakkar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!