Sunday, April 19, 2009

Blender Salsa


This was quick and easy to make and easily customized to your tastes. I was hoping to have a salsa similar to Javier's, local Mexican joint, but while this comes very close its not quite it. I found the recipe on Laura's blog. It was a little spicier than I prefer but I think that was because I added fresh jalapeno since I did not have canned tomatoes with jalapenos. You know it must be goo when all three kids keep going back for more.

1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 white onion, chopped
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos, undrained
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, with some tender stems
juice of 1 lime (or lemon will work too)
salt, to taste

Combine ingredients in the blender in the order listed. Puree until smooth, or leave a little chunky, if desired.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!