Friday, April 3, 2009

Homemade Chips


I made these to go with the french dip sandwiches. This was the first time I gave a try to making my own chips and overall they turned out good. They took a little longer to crisp up then I first thought.

about 8 red potatoes (its what I had on hand you could probably use whatever you have on hand)

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. While the oven is preheating start slicing the potatoes. The thickness will depend on how crispy you want the chips.
Spray Pam or grease lightly the cookie sheet. Lay the potato slices in a single layer.
The time it will take depends on the thickness of the chips. I'd start checking after 2-3 minutes. Flip the chips over when crisp on the bottom side and then check again after another 2-3 minutes. The thickness I cut the chips, which was not wafer thin but not more than 1/4 inch thick, took about 5-8 minutes per side.
After both sides are crisp remove and season to your taste. I used garlic salt. If your not serving right away place the chips in a single layer on cooling racks.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!