Saturday, April 18, 2009

Flautas


These were very good and I loved the fact they were baked instead of fried. I was even able to get two of three kids to give these a try. Dh voted these as a keeper and something he wants often This was another great recipe I found on Gianina's blog. I did make a few changes though. I used a pork sirloin roast instead of chicken. I sprinkled taco seasoning on top of the roast before cooking it in the slow cooker. After it was cooked I shredded it and added the rest of the taco seasoning along with a little water to allow the taco seasoning mix to blend. I also added guacamole to the flautas before baking.

Here is the original recipe before my changes I listed above:
3 chicken breasts
1 Tbsp. Fajitas Seasoning
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 small can chopped green chiles
10 flour tortillas
1 cup shredded cheese (whatever you like, I used cheddar)
toppings of your choice to dip them in such as salsa, guacamole, etc.

Place your chicken in a crock pot with the fajita seasoning and garlic salt and cook on low for at least 6 hours. About 1 hour before you want to eat, remove chicken from the crock pot. Shred the chicken and allow to cool for about 30 minutes. Then mix in shredded cheese.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Put flour tortillas for 1-2 minutes in the microwave to soften. Place a bit shredded chicken on the side of the tortilla then roll. Place, seam side down, on a baking sheet that's been coated with cooking spray. Finish rolling the rest of the flautas, then spray each of them with cooking spray and bake for 5-6 minutes then turn over and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. These look really good. I think I will try it with the pork also. My husband isn't a big chicken fan, but we love mexican type food. Looks GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of chicken tacos that's why I went with pork. I think next time I'd try it with a Cafe Rio type pork. That would be pretty tasty I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!