Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sour Cream Rice

I discovered this great recipe on a blog that I discovered the other day. Gianina posted this recipe and it just called out to me. The flavors were great and it was quite easy to put together. Here is the link to Gianina's post about this dish.

2 cups rice, cooked
1 tsp salt
1/2 T. garlic powder
2 cups sour cream
1 cup grated monterey jack cheese or any soft white cheese
3 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, no seeds or 1/2 cup chopped fresh chili pepper, no seeds

While cooking rice, season with salt and garlic powder. Mix cooked rice, sour cream and green chiles. Mix grated cheeses together and reserve 1 cup for topping. Stir in cheeses with rice/sour cream mixture. Pour rice mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish. Top with reserved 1 cup grated cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. I must have missed this recipe on Gianina's site but I'm glad you reposted it. I'm going to have to bookmark it. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!