Sunday, April 12, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

See! My next addition to my sisters food blog is a dessert and not a pasta. Which, to be honest, are probably the only two food groups i recgonize willingly. I found this wonderfully delicious, sugary, chocolately concoction at the Bakerella website. I plan on making the 14 layer cake for my birthday. It needs to come faster!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven 325 degrees.
Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy. Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter. Stir in morsels and nuts and spoon into pie shell.

Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.

I found that here in Utah the pie browned quite quickly and I covered mine with foil about 35 minutes into cooking.

Of course this dessert was our Easter dessert, so it needed a bunny on it. And you can tell by the first picture that I served mine with some icecream. And yes that is indeed homemade icecream. Cinnamon Almond icecream to be exact. I found a vanilla recipe that I adapted.


Cinnamon Almond Icecream


2 large eggs
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
2 cups whipping cream
1 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract


Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream and milk and whisk until blended. Transfer mixture to a pot and cook on medium low heat just until it starts to simmer. Pour into a bowl and stir in the cinnamon. Cool in refrigerator until throughly chilled. Stir in almond and vanilla extracts and transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer's instructions.


I feel my ice cream maker, which is a 1 quart Rival, the motor overheats and shuts off before the icecream is thoroughly churned. So when mine shuts off, I refreeze the canister with paddle and icecream in it for about an hour and pull it back out and hook it back up. Basically giving it double churned effect. I think it makes for harder icecream(I don't like soft serve much) and it really doubles the volume of the icecream. I really love homemade icecream.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. This was really good. The first bite I thought was overly sweet but after that the sweetness calmed down and it was yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!