Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Manti Chicken


I have never tried this marinade before but I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted. The flavor was really good. The kids ate all of their chicken and came back several times asking for more. The chicken was tender with loads of flavor. I used bone-in chicken breasts along with some leg quarters and drumsticks. I left the skin on which I would probably remove next time. The oil from the marinade caused a few flare ups which left the skin torched. I removed the skin before serving but I think we lost more flavor by doing this. I've heard that you can use this marinade for steaks and turkey too. I found the recipe in the WorldWide Ward Cookbook. This dish is served at the Manti Mormon Pageant.

1 cup soy sauce
1 cup oil
1 tsp. horseradish
1 tsp. garlic salt
24oz lemon-lime soda (7up or Sprite)
boneless, skinless chicken (like I said I used bone-in with skin because it was all I had)

Mix marinade ingredients together; add chicken pieces and marinate for at least 7 hours. Cook chicken over grill.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great way to cook chicken. I love some good chicken on the grill. This looks like something my kids would really like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Norah this sounds great. Mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds DELICIOUS! I am always looking for new chicken ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza, this looks delish!! I can smell it from over here!!!

    Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to think grilling soon will soon be upon us here in the northeast. This marinade recipe is a keeper. I love the blend of ingredients especially the horseradish!

    Thanks for sharing, Norah:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness it did taste really good. If any of you give it a try you'll have to tell me how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how much chicken do you use? My mom used to cook this all the time, absolutlely loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe I used 2-3 pounds of the bone in chicken. I think the recipe called for 3-4 lbs of boneless skinless chicken. HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you, thats perfect! tomorrow's bbq is gonna be a good one :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!