Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fettuccini Alfredo


I love this dish. Its not very healthy but sometimes you need a break from eating healthy all the time. Sometimes if I feel like making it a little healthier I'll use fat free evaporated milk in place of the heavy cream or fat free half and half. I've been playing with subbing fat free or reduced fat evaporated milk in place of heavy cream with pretty good results. Anyway this recipe comes from a new cookbook titled The World Wide Ward Cookbook. It's a little different then most recipes I've tried but it tasted really good.

1 16oz. pkg. fettuccini
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 quart half and half or heavy cream
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup romano cheese or 8 oz cream cheese
1 tbsp. parsley (flakes or fresh)
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
salt pepper

Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain and set aside. Melt butter in a heavy saucepan. Add flour; cook and stir until smooth and bubbly. Slowly stir in cream. Add cheeses, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Simmer until sauce thickens, taste; add more salt and pepper if needed. Serves 6-8.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway. Good Luck :) Your dish looks great. I can't wait to look through all your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi! I hope you find something you like.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!