Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chicken Wraps

I love the chicken wraps at McDonald's. So I came up with a way to make them at home and have them me a little healthier than the McDonald's one. There are so many ways you can adjust it to your tastes and desires. Instead of lettuce I use arugula or spinach when I have them on hand or just for a different twist. I like adding tomatoes and/or pickles to the wrap. I also love having red onions on my wrap when I make it at home. I usually add some colby cheese but cheddar or any flavor works pretty well. The other way I make it different is I use homemade ranch or the Creamy Tomatillo Dressing or even a french dressing tastes really good.

tortillas
breaded chicken pieces baked in the oven until cooked
dressing
lettuce
red onion
tomato
cheese

Warm the tortilla up. Spread the dressing all over the tortilla. Sprinkle the cheese and lettuce on the tortilla. Add the tomato and onion if using. Cut up chicken into bite size pieces or leave as a whole piece if desired. Roll the tortilla into a wrap and serve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. I tried these last night and they are really good for a quick weeknight dinner. Thanks for the "recipe"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect quick lunch idea, or a light dinner. Kid friendly too!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!