Sunday, August 19, 2007

Strawberries and Cream Muffins

2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cup strawberries
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in large bowl. Add egg, cream, and butter, stirring only enough to dampen flour. Reserve 1/4 cup flour, toss in with berries. Fold in to batter last. Bake 20-25 minutes. *Jessica's notes: Since the recipe wasn't specific: 1. I found that by filling each cup 3/4 or slightly less I was able to get 18 cupcake sized muffins. 2. I roughly chopped the strawberries in 1/2 bite-sized chunks 3. I sprinkled just a small bit of granulated sugar on top of each muffin before baking. 4. Since my oven (gas oven) is touchy with muffins in the tins I have, I reduced the heat to 350ยบ

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!