Monday, March 23, 2009

Creamy Tomatillo Dressing

I love this salad dressing. It tastes like the salad dressing used at Cafe Rio. I love that it is very easy to make and I've found that I used it for more than a knock off Cafe Rio dish. I've used the dressing for just a regular salad, on my Chicken Wraps , or as in the picture above on a taco salad. You can use this dressing in place of ranch in pretty much any recipe.


1 package Ranch Buttermilk Dressing mix
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 cup Mayonnaise (I use half mayo and half sour cream)
3 fresh tomatillos
1 cup fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Just put everything in a blender and puree.Refrigerate for a couple of hours and if you need to, adjust the thickness by adding more buttermilk to thin it out, or sour cream to make it thicker.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!