Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Baked Potato Soup

I've had this recipe for close to 6 years. I have no idea where I found the recipe so I can't give it the credit it deserves. However this is my favorite potato soup recipe. Every once in awhile I try another recipe but it never tastes as good as this one. All the flavors blend together just right and it's so easy to make. Whenever I make baked potatoes I usually end up baking a few more just so I can make this soup.

5 large potatoes, baked
10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 green onions, chopped
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz. sour cream
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup butter
6 cups milk
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1. After potatoes have cooled, scoop out pulp into a bowl and mash.

2. Melt butter in large pot. Add flour. Stir until smooth. Gradually add milk over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly. Do not let milk burn on the bottom of pot!

3. Stir potatoes into cream sauce.

4. Add salt, pepper, bacon, 2 TB. green onions, and cheddar cheese. Cook until heated through, but do NOT boil.

5. Stir in sour cream, but do NOT let boil.*Serve with extra cheese, bacon, and green onions for toppings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. I love my smashed potatoe soup. I'll have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you going to share your smashed potato soup????

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!