Thursday, March 19, 2009

Greek Salad Dressing


This is the last of the Greek recipes from my Greek dinner. I've made several recipes over the years looking for the perfect Greek salad dressing recipe and although this one is not perfect it has been the best I've tried so far. I will admit I think it calls for a little too much olive oil as the dressing tasted very oily but maybe I'm just a little too picky. I did add one teaspoon of sugar. It was a trick I read about in the Cook's Country magazine a few years back. Another addition was 2 tablespoons of feta cheese. I put all the ingredients into a food processor and blended them together. The feta cheese adds great flavor and sort of a creamy taste. I found the recipe here.

1/2 Cup red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 teaspoons shallot, minced
2 teaspoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
2 teaspoons fresh basil, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Dijon or whole-grain mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1-1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
Directions

Combine all ingredients except oil in a medium mixing bowl with a wire whisk. Once ingredients are combined, slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking to form an emulsion. Makes 2 Cups

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!