Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta

I found this recipe in the Taste of Home Busy Family Cookbook. It was a hit with everyone including my father who is very picky these days about pasta dishes. This is a recipe that will be made again in this house. As usual I did play around with the recipe. I chopped one onion and added it to the hamburger while cooking. I also added a minced garlic clove towards the end of the meat and onions being cooked. I mixed everything but the cheese and pasta together. I then add some Worcestershire sauce, about 1 teaspoon, and about 2 tablespoons regular mustard. I also add some seasoning salt and pepper. Then I mixed the pasta with the meat mixture and then topped with the cheese. I served a homemade pickle along side the dish. The flavors were great together and it was a simple and easy dish to make.
8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
1 pound ground beef
6 bacon strips, diced
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
Barbecue sauce and prepared mustard optional

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.

In the same skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain discarding drippings. Drain pasta; add to the skillet. Stir in soup, beef and bacon; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve with barbecue sauce and mustard if desired.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!