Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Blue Cheese Butter


I've been hearing for years about how I should try a blue cheese butter with my steaks. However I've never been a fan of blue cheese until the past few years. I asked at the Harmon's cheese bar about a good cheese to use for steaks, since they had given me a few other great cheese selections, and they suggested a Stilton blue cheese. At first I thought I was just going to crumble the blue cheese over a cooked steak but again it was suggested I try it in a butter for the steaks. I have to say I really liked the taste of this butter with the steak. The blue cheese had just a hint of its flavor yet it flavored the steak well. I think I'll have to make this anytime I plan on serving steak. I like it much more than steak sauce now. I found the recipe here.

1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
Stir together butter, blue cheese, coarse pepper and garlic in a small bowl; cover and set aside until ready to serve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

  1. I see a slice of cantaloupe on that plate! I thought you told me no one there eats cantaloupe. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing was Noah and Zach ate all the cantaloupe in two short days. They went nuts eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks amazing. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally tried this today and WOW. It was awesome. Call me weird but I think this would be awesome on a baked potato as well. I will definitely make this again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!