Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Quick Pork Chops

I love having simple recipes that can be made in a flash on crazy days. I try to keep thin cut boneless pork chops on hand in the freezer for just those sort of days. Course in the picture above I have thin but bone in pork chops and they work too. I can pull the pork chops out of the freezer in the morning and it takes about 15 minutes at most to cook the thin cut chops. Serving is easy as I usually will pull out some frozen veggies to cook while the pork is cooking. And you can also serve these chops on a roll with a condiment, lettuce, and tomatoes for a sandwich and a salad. The spices you use can totally change the flavor of the chops to fit your mood for the day.

6 thin cut boneless pork chops
McCormick Grill Mates seasoning blend I prefer the Garlic and Onion Medley seasoning
vegetable oil

Pour about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat until it reaches the shimmering point over medium high heat. Sprinkle, liberally, the seasoning blend over the pork chops. Place pork chops in the frying pan and cook about 5 minutes or until golden brown, flip and cook until cooked through and golden brown about another 5 minutes. Serve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

  1. At last a "Quick" pork chop recipe that really IS "quick". The other sites' recipies included things like "marinate 4 hours", "bake 1 hour", and "refrigerate overnight", yet every recipie claimed it was "quick".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to say hello...I jumped on the computer to find something different and easy to do with pork chops and this was one of the first sites that popped up. Seeing as my name is Norah as well, I thought I better check it out. I don't meet many people who share my name, especially with this spelling. Random, I know, but fun nonetheless. Thank you for a fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you seldom see anyone with this spelling although its getting somewhat popular these days. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!