Thursday, May 7, 2009

Chocolate Covered Strawberries


I love chocolate covered strawberries but I refuse to buy them from a store because I think they are way too pricey. This is a simple and easy way to make them at home for much less than the going price at the store. I found the recipe at Allrecipes.

16 ounces milk chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening
1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves

Insert toothpicks into the tops of the strawberries.
In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Holding them by the toothpicks, dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
Turn the strawberries upside down and insert the toothpick into Styrofoam for the chocolate to cool.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

  1. Strawberries Yum!!! Not a fan of chocolate... but the strawberries... I'd totally go for. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious, Norah. I agree that it doesn't make any sense to buy the pricey ones at the store. It's also fun to drizzle white chocolate over the milk chocolate-covered strawberries for a pretty presentation. Just put the melted white chocolate in a small ziploc bag, cut off a tiny piece of the corner, and drizzle away. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    http://www.cookincanuck.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! I hope the ones in my garden will be this pretty and BIG. That is when I will make these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!