Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 3rd Borski CSA pickup and An Award





First off the award. Many thanks to Heidi at Tried and True Cooking with Heidi for giving me this award. If you have not been to her blog you really should check it out. Its full of simple and delicious meals.

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.


7 things you might find interesting
1. I have a 6 year old boy and 4 year old twin boys. We are constantly asked if they are triplets.
2. I've made several cross country trips across America and yet have never spent more than a few hours in every state we traveled through. My father was a person who tried to bet his travel record each and every time we went on vacation.
3. I love to read. Our home could seriously be made into a library.
4. I love to grow a vegetable garden more than I like to have a flower garden.
5. I hate to drive. It's just not a thing I desire to do.
6. We have two dogs and three cats. We love animals in our house. I also love attracting backyard birds to our yard and love learning about the birds we bring in.
7. I homeschooled my oldest last year. Plans are to do it again this year but as always plans are subject to change.

I nominate:
1. Gianina at In Restaurante Gianinei- I love her blog. Yummy food is always pictured.
2. Glenda at The Little Red Hen Food Site- I love that she posts healthy meals and ways to make healthy meals with food storage.
3. Lynette at Netts Nook- I love her little themes. Great food is posted there.
4. Nan at Hobble Creek Kitchen- Cute blog and love the food.
5. Charlotte at Canning Jars Etc- I love canning and she posts great tips and advice to help with canning. Along with some great recipes.
6. Staci at Designing and Motherhood- Not really a food blog but she has loads of great ideas posted over there. You really need to check out her blog.
7. Becki at My Four Crazy Kids- Not a food blog but I really enjoy reading her blog. I love her outlook on life and reading her blog always brings a smile to my face.

Now for my CSA pickup. If you don't know what a CSA is it stand for community supported agriculture. You pay a farmer in late winter or early spring a dollar amount, for Borski it was $199, and then you get anywhere from 15 to 20 weeks of produce straight from the farm in summer and fall. Borski grows organically which I find to be important and he's local which is another huge factor for me.
We picked up:
about 1lb of assorted salad greens
about 2lbs of peas
about 3lbs of bing cherries
one huge head of garlic
one nice sized thyme starter for the garden

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!