Sunday, December 28, 2008

Teriyaki Veggie Wraps

This is a very fast and easy light dinner or lunch. I was leery if I would like it but I ended up really liking it. Even the kids ate the wrap, which is quite a feat in this house. One thing I would do different next time is leave the cheese out. I didn't think the cheese added anything to the wrap. I found this recipe in Taste of Home Healthy Cooking Oct/Nov 2008 issue.



1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
1 small onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
3 tablespoons reduced sodium teriyaki sauce
2 flour tortillas (8 inches) warmed
1/4 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend

In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in teriyaki sauce; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

Spoon vegetable mixture down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese; roll up tightly.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!