Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Greek tortellini salad


Here is an original recipe. I've seen so many recipes for Greek tortellini salad and so many had a few of the items I wanted in my salad but not all so I combined about 10 recipes into one. This was actually a very tasty salad and one I plan on making again. Honeslty this would be a great main dish on a hot summer day or a side dish anytime.
1 package refrigerator cheese tortellini- cooked according to package directions, drained and rinsed
1 cucumber- peeled, seeded, and cut into half moon pieces
1 yellow bell pepper (you could use whatever bell pepper you have on hand) cut into pieces
1 red onion, sliced thinly and cut into bite size pieces
about 1 cup of kalamata olives
about 2 cups of spinach leaves
Salad dressing:
1/2 cup evvo
1/2 cup vinegar ( I used red wine but white or white wine would work)
about 1 tablespoon of sugar
basil, to taste
oregano, to taste
salt and pepper to taste
Combine all and mix well.
Mix all the vegetables and tortellini with the salad dressing. Refrigerate for at least two hours and serve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!