Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chinese chicken salad


So I had a craving for this dish. My friend makes an excellent salad but I couldn't get ahold of her to get her recipe so I searched the internet. I found none that matched what I remembered her having in her salad so I decided to make my own recipe. I combine about 10 different recipes into one for our salad. Zachary ate it and loved it. Nathan only wanted spinach with no dressing and Noah well as usual he didn't eat.
Salad dressing:
1/4 cup mayo
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/8 teaspoon sesame seed oil
Mix throughly.
Salad:
Melt 1/4 cup butter, package of ramen noodles (not cooked) and about 1/4 cup chopped almonds. Cook until almonds and noodles are brown then add the seasoning packet from the noodles. Set aside.
Chop about 3 cups cabbage and mix with about 3 cups spinach. Add a cup of snap peas and sliced green onions (I did about 8). Mix together and set aside.
Chop cooked chicken, I used some breaded chicken pieces from the freezer, to the salad greens. Add the ramen noodle mixure and the dressing. Toss and serve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!