Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Peppered Turkey Club Panini


This was another recipe I changed slightly before making. I'm not a fan of smoked turkey so I used peppered turkey instead. This turned out to be a favorite with the adults. I made the kids without mayo and arugula. Very simple dish to make. The recipe says 30 minute supper but I had them all made in less than 20 minutes. The longest part of the dish is cooking the bacon but if you make the bacon earlier it will save you time. I did use the arugula for the sandwich but next time I'll just use spinach. It's easier to find and personally I think it tastes better. I also did not use a grill pan or the sun dried tomato oil to cook the bread. I used butter because I remember from past experiences that I do not like sun dried tomato. Turns out I did really like the mayo mix which is made from sun dried tomatoes. Overall this was a hit and will be joining the rotation of quick, simple, and easy dishes.

Peppered Turkey Club Panini
adapted from Cooks Country June/July 2010

8 slices bacon
1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, patted dry, and minced
4 shakes of Tabasco sauce
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 cup mayo
8 slices thick cut crusty bread (I used a roasted garlic bread)
1/2 pound thinly cut deli swiss cheese
1/2 pound thinly cut deli peppered turkey
2 cups baby arugula
butter

Arrange bacon in single layer on paper towel lined plate. Cover with paper towels and microwave until crisp, about 5 minutes. Combine sun dried tomatoes, Tabasco sauce, pepper, and salt with mayo in small bowl.

Brush butter over one side of bread. Place bread, butter side down, on cutting board. Spread each slice with flavored mayo. Layer half the cheese on bread, then top with turkey, bacon, arugula, and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread, butter side up.

Heat grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium heat for one minute. Place 2 sandwiches in pan and weight with Dutch oven. Cook sandwiches until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve.
Brush

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!