Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One Minute Tomato and Avocado Salsa


This was a favorite with everyone. I was worried the jalapenos would make the salsa too spicy for me and the boys but it didn't. The flavors blended well. I loved the fact it made life easier for us since I didn't have to make guacamole too. I've never been a fan of the jarred salsa at the store and now with this quick to make salsa I will never have to buy another jar of salsa again.

One Minute Tomato and Avocado Salsa
Cooks Country June/July 2010

1/2 small red onion, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup drained jarred pickled jalapenos
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 avocado, pitted, skinned, and chopped

Pulse onion, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice, garlic, and salt in food processor until coarsely choppped.

Add tomatoes and pulse until combined, about 3 one second pulses. Place salsa in fine mesh strainer (I skipped this step) and drain briefly. Transfer to bowl. Add avocado and stir. Serve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!