Sunday, August 3, 2008

Stuffed Bell Peppers


Another recipe that I've put togther myself. I should warn that I've found that stuffed peppers, like some other dishes are taste specific so you may have to adjust seasonings and such to your families taste. You can do these in the oven or crockpot (oven 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, crockpot on low for 6 hours) but during the summer I prefer using the pressure cooker.
1lb pound ground sirloin (or round or beef whatever suits you)
1 cup long grain or short grain just not instant rice (I use brown but you can use white, cooking time for brown is a little longer)
1 onion minced
2 garlic cloves minced
4 ounces tomato sauce
pepper
salt
Mix together and then fill up 6 bell peppers (red, green, orange, or yellow doesn't matter) and place in the pressure cooker.
Top with another 4 ounces of tomato sauce.
Add 8 ounces water to the pressure cooker and seal.
Bring to a rattle and allow to cook 30-45 minutes. You may find that it takes less time or more time depending the grain and type of rice you use.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!