Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bean and Rice Salad


This is a recipe that I made up as I was making the dish. I did search the internet for recipes similar but ended up just doing my own thing. The adults ate it and loved it. I didn't even try it with the kids.
1 cup brown rice
2 cups water
pinch of salt
Cook until brown rice is cooked. Then allow to cool off.
In a bowl add:
1 can or 2 cups cooked beans (I used pinto since it was all I had but kidney would have been better I think)
cut the corn off of 2 ears of corn or use 2 cups frozen or a can of corn
5 green onions sliced thin
2 garlic cloves minced
cooled cooked brown rice from above
Mix together in another bowl:
1/3 cup vinegar
1/3 cup evvo
I used Penzey's Salsa salad dressing seasoning but you could mix up your favorite mexican spices
sugar to your taste
2 tablespoons water
Combine the salad dressing above to the bowl with the bean and rice mixture.
Squeeze the juice of one lime into the bowl and stir.
Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Serve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!