Monday, March 8, 2010

Cooking Light Challenge Dinner #1 Hoisin and Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken


This was a delicious meal. I loved the chicken as did everyone else. An added bonus was how quick it was to put together and cook. I mixed the marinade up in less than five minutes and mixed it with the chicken. Next time I think I'll freeze the meat in the marinade so it has some added time to pick up the flavors. I used chicken tenders since I had them on hand and it took about 8 minutes to cook them on the grill. The whole time spent working on this meal was less than 15 minutes. I served grilled pineapple rings with the chicken.

Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered into the drawing. Every time you leave a comment on a recipe during my cooking light challenge you will be entered to win a year's subscription to Cooking Light magazine. Feel free to mention it on your blog, websites you visit, and/or facebook. LMK that you did in a comment and I will give you an extra chance in the drawing.

Hoisin and Lime Marinated Grilled Chicken
Cooking Light July 2007

1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon grated lime rind
2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
8 garlic cloves, minced
6 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
cooking spray

Combine hoisin sauce, ginger, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinated in refrigerator for 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.

Prepare grill.

Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Yield: 6 servings, serving size 1 chicken breast.

Calories: 243
Fat: 4.5 g (0.9 g sat, 0.6 g mono, 0.7 g poly)
Protein: 39.9 g
Carb: 6.4 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Chol: 99 mg
Iron: 1.5 mg
Sodium: 618 mg
Calc: 24 mg

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. Hoisin has such a great flavor. I love it. This recipe looks healthy and appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll make this tonight and serve with Jasmine rice. Yum!! And I think sesame oil is one of my favorite smells (at least light sesame, I don't think I have dark? I'll have to look)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this last night. Served the chicken wrapped in lettuce leaves with julienned cucumber and thin sliced cabbage for crunch. Dipped it in spicy peanut sauce (I think I took it to non-light status. LOL) But...it was delicious. The chicken had great flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple to done! Thank you for idea. I will definitely try this idea. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!