Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Halloween Treats Part III


These cupcakes were very cute. I used a sugar bat but if your crafty enough to free hand a bat with black gel frosting that would be even better. I used red gel frosting for the two bite marks. I realized after making these that I should have poked holes with a toothpick and the put the drops of red frosting on top so it would look more like a bite mark. I made a devil's food chocolate cake recipe for the cupcakes but you could use any flavor. I think red velvet cake would make for an eye catching sight. I'll post the recipe later for the devil's food cake but if you wanted you could use a boxed cake mix. I used an easy to make frosting for the cupcakes but again if you wanted to you could use a canned frosting.

Easy Icing

1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups confectioners sugar

Beat the butter, vanilla, almond, and salt in a large bowl, with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Slowly add 2 cups sugar, beating well. Beat in 2 tablespoons water. Slowly add the remaining 2 cups sugar; add 1 to 3 tablespoons more water, as needed, beating to a spreadable consistency.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!