Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Steak Sauce


We ran out of steak sauce last month and I keep forgetting to buy more plus I'm challenging myself to eat only out of what I have on hand so I searched for a steak sauce recipe online. Dh prefers Heinz 57 but will eat A1 if I have it on hand. This recipe, that I found on allrecipes, tastes similar to Heinz 57. The best part, at least for me, is I was able to customize it and use organic products I had on hand and I made it quite cheaply. I think I won't be buying another bottle of Heinz 57. I did sample the sauce before serving it and added about 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, onion powder, and garlic powder.

1 1/4 cups ketchup
2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 drops hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a medium bowl, mix together the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Transfer to a jar and refrigerate until needed.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!