Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas

This is a recipe that I've thought of making for a few years now but I always put it off and never make it. Well I finally got around to making them and I'm so upset I hadn't done it before. The flavors are really good and blend so well together. I was fearful of the honey and lime combo with chicken enchiladas but it really worked well. I've made these twice since I made them for the first time. I'm always finding the rotisserie chickens marked down at the store and looking for ways to use them and this recipe fits the bill. I believe the original recipe calls for flour tortillas but I much prefer corn tortillas in enchiladas. These also freeze well if your into making freezer dinners.

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Wengmama on PYP
6 T honey
4 ½ T lime juice
1 T chili powder
½ tsp garlic powder
1 lb cooked shredded chicken
10 corn tortillas
2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
2 10 oz cans green chili sauce
Queso Fresco to add at the end of cooking to the top

Mix sauce ingredients together with cooked chicken and let marinate for at least 30 min.
Pour ½ can of green sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Roll chicken up in tortillas with a little cheese and put in pan. When they are all rolled pour the chili sauce over top and sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Bake at 350 for 30 min.Sprinkle on Queso Fresco right before serving.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!