Thursday, September 20, 2007

Spaghetti Sauce


I've been making my own sauce for several years now. I prefer the taste of homemade to the junk in the jars. Dh refuses to eat sauce from a jar nowdays. I just free form the recipe each time I make it and cater it to what I'm using it for or what I have on hand.


Yesterday I used the following:

1 onion chopped finely

1 green pepper chopped

2 swirls in the pot of evvo

I cooked the onion and peppers for about 3 minutes. Then added

5 cloves of garlic crushed and minced

Cook another minute or so

added

2 29 oz can of tomato sauce

1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatos (should have used more since I used so much tomato sauce)

about 3 tablespoons of Balsamic vinegar

about 1/4 cup sugar (don't add all at once, taste test through out the cooking)

2 tablespoons dried oregano

1 tablespoon dried basil

2 teaspoons pepper

1 teaspoon garlic salt

2 bay leaves

simmer over low heat for 30 minutes or longer. I let yesterdays simmer for 5 hours.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!