This is my favorite time of year for food. Why you ask? Because I love pumpkin treats. As you can see I've been posting several different recipes for pumpkins cause I've been making all kinds of pumpkin treats. These were a hit with all the adults while the kids just liked them. I think my kids ate one maybe two of these but my husband ate about 8 of them in one setting. I'm not a fan of the original whoopie pie but I can't wait to make these again.
Pumpkin Whoopie Pie
King Arthur Flour website
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons Vietnamese cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups (one 15-ounce can) pumpkin
2 1/4 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour or 100% White Whole Wheat Flour
8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
4 tablespoons soft butter
2 cups glazing sugar or confectioners' sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) To make the cookies: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease two baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
2) Beat together the butter, oil, sugar, molasses, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
3) Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, then beat in the eggs one at a time, until fluffy.
4) Stir in the pumpkin.
5) Add the flour in two additions, mixing well after each addition.
6) Use a muffin scoop to deposit the thick batter onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2" around each mound.
7) Bake until the cookies feel firm; a slight indentation will remain when you gently press them in the middle, about 16 to 18 minutes.
8) Remove from the oven, cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then move to a rack to cool completely.
9) To make the filling: Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy.
10) Beat in the sugar in two additions.
11) Add the vanilla. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes, until very fluffy.
12) Stir in the crystallized ginger.
13) To assemble: Sandwich two cookies around 2 tablespoons of filling. For best storage, wrap each pie in plastic wrap.
Yield: 1 dozen 4" whoopie pies.
Gut Healing Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
2 hours ago