Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Seasoned Crackers


These turned out to be even better tasting than I thought they could be. I was so worried they would be soggy and just not very appetizing but I'm addicted to these now. I think I'm going to try this with oyster crackers just cause I think it would mix up a little better that way. I've been using a plastic bag although the recipe calls for a container with a lid that you can stack the crackers in. I'm adding these to the goodie basket for the neighborhood Christmas gifts.

Seasoned Crackers
adapted slightly from the Worldwide Ward Christmas Cookbook

1 full box of saltine crackers (or use oyster or something similar)
1 envelope dry ranch dressing mix
1 cup oil
red pepper flakes to taste (my first time I used only 1/8 of a teaspoon and you could barely notice the second time I used 1/4 teaspoon and you could taste)

Place the crackers in a container or bag, stacked so all get coated well. Sprinkle ranch mix over the top and sprinkle the red pepper flakes over the crackers. Pour the oil over and shake the bag or container well. Flip container over 3-4 times over the course of the next 2 hours. Crackers are ready after sitting for 24 hours.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!