Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sizzler Cheese Toast

So I originally posted this recipe a few years back but way back then I really didn't or couldn't figure out how to get a decent picture. Now that I have a new computer (loving the Mac and so glad I went with it) and a new camera (still learning it but getting better) I thought I'd start replacing some old recipes with horrible pictures with new and better looking pictures. First up is the Sizzler Cheese Toast. I don't know about you but my favorite thing about Sizzler is the cheese toast. I could make a whole meal with just the cheese toast if they would let me. Now mine isn't exactly like Sizzler's cause I prefer more garlic flavor (warning cut back on the garlic powder if you don't like to have a real taste of garlic). This is a simple recipe that even a beginner cook could make and it really doesn't call for any stranger or obscure ingredients. If your like me and love Sizzler cheese toast give this knock off a try.

Sizzler Cheese Toast

6 slices Texas Toast bread
1/2 stick butter, softened at room temperature
1 tablespoon garlic powder (use less if you don't like the garlic flavor, probably about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Mix butter,salt, and garlic powder together. Preheat a griddle. Spread butter mixture on bread and sprinkle with cheese. Place buttered/cheese side down on the griddle and cook until brown. Remove and serve.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. Hi Norah,
    Thought I would let you know that when you replace an old photo like this on a recipe that's already posted, you can delete the photo in the old recipe, add the new photo, change to the current date, and just update the old recipe. (It will show up as a new post with the current date, but the permalink for the post stays the same.) That makes it so your blog doesn't have duplicate content, which is better for Google search results and blog rankings.

    (Feel free to delete this after you read it; just wanted to pass on that tip. And welcome to the world of MAC. I am loving it too.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!