Saturday, October 27, 2007

Beef stew


This isn't a recipe that is exact or set in stone. I make it different each and every time I make it. If you don't like an ingredient sub something that you like. You can make it in the crock pot or on the stove.


Stew meat- however much you want and whatever type of cut you want

dredge the meat in flour and fry until brown

add one onion-sliced

6 carrots-chopped

celery-chopped

4 potatoes- chopped

2 cloves of garlic-chopped

mix with meat.


add liquid until everything is covered. I use a mixture of beef broth, water, and tomato juices. You can also used can tomatoes.


Cook on low heat 4-5 hours, either on the stove or in the crock pot. I use bay leaves for extra flavor. Use whatever spices you like. I usually use garlic salt and pepper.


You can also use oatmeal, barely, quinoa, or bulger for extra nutrients and to thicken.


I know this isn't a recipe that's easy to follow because its more of personal recipe.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!